Users can now also purchase Lick Singles from the app’s extensive library of amazing licks for learning guitar.
New York, NY, February 28, 2012 — Guitar World and Agile Partners today announced a new release of Guitar World Lick of the Day that introduces The Beatles Lick Packs to the popular app for learning guitar on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Arriving just in time to celebrate over one million downloads of Lick of the Day, the new version also introduces Lick Singles so users can select individual licks from the app’s extensive catalog of licks. All licks in Guitar World Lick of the Day include high quality videos of guitar instructors or celebrities demonstrating the lick, scrolling tab and standard music notation, and more. The app is powered by TabToolkit, an Apple Design Award winner developed by Agile Partners.
The new Lick Packs in Lick of the Day include two The Beatles Lick Packs with licks from Yesterday, Let it Be, Day Tripper, Ticket to Ride, Paperback Writer, Blackbird, Norwegian Wood, and The End. In addition to The Beatles Lick Packs, the new release also includes five genre-specific Lick Packs to help guitar players master their chops in a wide range of styles: Blues, Acoustic Rock, Classic Metal, Jazz and Bluegrass. Each Lick Pack costs only US$4.99.
The new version of Lick of the Day also introduces Lick Singles, giving users the ability to choose individual licks from an extensive catalog of amazing licks. Lick Singles, including riffs demonstrated by guitar celebrities such as Joe Satriani, Doug Aldrich and Kenny Wayne Shepherd, can be purchased individually for US$0.99. Users can also buy a set of twenty Lick Credits for only US$4.99 and use each Lick Credit to get a Lick Single at a significant discount.
Guitar World Lick of the Day can be downloaded for free to evaluate the app’s features and content. The app comes preloaded with several sample licks. The new release is available now on the iTunes App Store.
Find out more at http://lickofthedayapp.com
Guitar World Lick of the Day was developed in collaboration with Agile Partners, developers of GuitarToolkit, an iPhone Hall of Fame inductee, TabToolkit, an Apple Design Award winner, and AmpKit, the highly acclaimed guitar amps and effects app.
Featured on the App Store as an iPhone and iPad App of the Week as well as a Staff Favorite, Guitar World Lick of the Day launched to rave reviews around the world:
- CrunchGear: “After trying it out, I give this app a thumbs up because it does what it says. It’s a multi-method approach to teaching simple, short guitar lessons in clear and helpful ways.”
- Gear Diary: “Lick of the Day is a beautiful app with an intuitive user interface. Every part of the app works perfectly … I highly recommend Lick of the Day for any guitarist.”
- The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW): “If you’re a guitar player and you’re looking to improve your skills and techniques, we’d definitely recommend you go and check out Lick of the Day, now!”
- Boles Blues: “Guitar World’s Lick of the Day is a high quality and inspirational iOS app that any guitar player can use and enjoy every single day.”
- 148apps: “Overall, this app is pure guitar gold. Regardless of your playing-level, Guitar World Lick of the Day evens your playing field, providing access to quality tools and resources that would normally cost hundreds of dollars, at a minimum, in instructor fees. Whether you’re looking to build on your existing skills or learn new ones, you can’t go wrong with this app. It absolutely shreds.”
About Guitar World
Guitar World is the world’s leading guitar magazine. Professionals and beginners alike turn to Guitar World for top coverage of their favorite artists, from rock titans like Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page and Metallica’s Kirk Hammett to contemporary stars like the Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl. For over 30 years, Guitar World magazine has offered broad-ranging interviews that cover technique, instruments and lifestyles as well as Guitar World’s famously accurate transcriptions of the greatest songs in rock, metal, blues, punk and more. Not only is it the category leader in retail outlets like Walmart, Guitar World is now available digitally on iTunes, Amazon and the Nook. Guitarworld.com is the home of all the latest and greatest guitar news, lessons, tablature, behind the scenes and videos. Guitar World’s “Lick of the Day” is one of the top downloaded apps on the iTunes store and was most recently voted “App of the Week.” Find out more at www.GuitarWorld.com
About Agile Partners
Agile Partners Technologies, LLC is a leading developer of applications for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Agile Partners’ apps include: GuitarToolkit (http://guitartoolkit.com), an iPhone Hall of Fame app; TabToolkit (http://tabtoolkit.com), winner of an Apple Design Award; and AmpKit (http://ampkitapp.com), the ultimate guitar amps, effects and recording app. Founded in 2002, Agile Partners has locations in New York, Chicago and San Francisco. For more information, visithttp://agilepartners.com