There’s a soft spot in my twisted black heart for the original Fender G-DEC. When I was teaching at World of Music I used one of these pretty regularly (unless one of the other teachers nicked it for their room when I wasn’t looking) and I wrote more than a few riffs while inspired by its tones. In fact, I have a song with a working title of ‘Hit the Dec’ which came about from recording a rhythm guitar loop over one of the G-Dec’s drum patterns.
Now the dear little G-DEC has grown up. Check out the G-DEC 3. Of special interest to me is the impressive list of players that have provided backing tracks. Eric Johnson, Phil Collen, Charlie and Frank from Anthrax, Dweezil Zappa, Brad Paisley, Hatebreed, Nils Lofgren, Joe from Fallout Boy, Rev. Horton Heat, Keith Urban… awesome. I can’t wait to try this one out at NAMM.
Fender Introduces New G-DEC® 3 Amp
Create, connect and configure with new generation of groundbreaking practice/recording amp, with presets and loops by top artists
Fender introduces the next step in the ongoing evolution of its acclaimed G-DEC (Guitar Digital Entertainment Center) amp series, the G-DEC 3. Available in 30-watt and 15-watt versions, the G-DEC 3 takes an exciting leap forward in technology and content, with easy computer connectivity and with many of its 100 presets and audio performance loops created by the world’s top artists and session aces.
The G-DEC 3’s wealth of backing tracks consist not of generic presets and loops, but rather a stylistically diverse sonic smorgasbord of tracks created specially for Fender by top rock, blues, metal and country artists and session players. These include Eric Johnson, Charlie Benante and Frank Bello (Anthrax), Phil Collen (Def Leppard), Joe Trohman (Fall Out Boy), Brad Paisley, Dweezil Zappa, Jim “Rev. Horton Heat” Heath, Keith Urban, Hatebreed, Nils Lofgren, Gary Hoey, Crooked X, Strung Out and many others.
Consequently, the G-DEC 3 can be easily configured as an “all rock,” “all metal,” “all blues,” “all country,” etc., amp personally tailored to the user’s own musical tastes.
The G-DEC 3 also includes the exclusive Fender FUSE™ software interface, which lets the amp connect to a computer as easily as a digital camera, without need for any special adaptors or hardware. Fender FUSE lets the user download and upload backing tracks, edit performance parameters and swap files with a worldwide community of players.
Other versatile G-DEC 3 features include:
· Digital amp and effects models that let the user create a personalized arsenal of guitar tones suited to every style of playing.
· Onboard mp3 and wav file storage and playback.
· Ableton® Live Lite 8 Fender Edition studio-quality recording and editing software.
· AmpliTube® Fender LE modeling software, which recreates classic Fender amp tones and delivers ultra-realistic speaker, mic and effects models.
· Multi-function SD card slot for unlimited storage of presets and audio content.
· Rugged Fender Special Design speaker (plus high-frequency tweeter on 30-watt model).
· Onboard phrase sampler with overdub and export functions.
· Onboard chromatic tuner.